Broccoli Apple Crisp With Salted Caramel-Maple Drizzle
Individual apple crisps are made extra special with the addition of Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw, a touch of lemon and the salted caramel-maple drizzle! It is quick and easy to prepare, and it will wow your guests!
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons roasted Saigon cinnamon, divided
- 2 cups Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon imitation maple extract
- Spray 8 ramekins with no-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir 6 tablespoons of the butter, brown sugar, flour, rolled oats, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon until blended and crumbly.
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli cole slaw and apples with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, the lemon zest, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons sugar. Spoon the broccoli-apple mixture into the buttered ramekins. Sprinkle with the topping. Set the ramekins on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the juices from the fruit are bubbling and the topping is brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining sugar. Stir until sugar melts and mixture is thick and boiling. Slowly stir in evaporated. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 3 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and maple extract.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle with Salted Maple-Caramel Sauce before serving.