Chipotle-Raspberry Mini Shrimp Tacos with Mustard Crema
Spicy & colorful mini shrimp tacos make great holiday appetizers that pair perfectly with sparkling wine!
- 1/4 cup store bought chipotle-raspberry marinade & dip
- 3 Tablespoons Maille Horseradish Mustard, divided use
- 1/2 pound ready to eat shrimp, (41/50 count)
- 8 ounces pineapple tidbits in natural juice, drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green & white parts
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup Mexican crema
- 12 small, extra thin, corn tortillas
- Mix the chipotle-raspberry marinade & dip with 2 Tablespoons Maille Horseradish Mustard and put into a small bowl.
- Cut the shrimp into 3 pieces each and add to the bowl along with the pineapple, cabbage, avocado, scallions, almonds and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Gently mix, cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the Mexican crema with 1 Tablespoon Maille Horseradish Mustard and 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice. Cover and chill until needed.
- Use a 4” diameter cookie cutter and cut out 12 tortillas. Heat a skillet on medium and cook the tortillas a few minutes, or until just starting to brown on each side. Remove them, set into tortilla holders to shape and let sit until cooled. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
- To serve, divide the shrimp mixture equally into the shells, spoon on some mustard crema and serve.
I cut down corn tortillas for this recipe, but if you can find mini tortilla shells instead, these will be all the easier to make!
Double the recipe for a larger crowd, and plan on 3 tacos per person.