Chocolate Tiramisu Cupcakes with Raspberry Mascarpone Cream
I created this recipe as a ‘thank you’ for a friend who loves Tiramisu and chocolate. It has all the makings of pure decadence – chocolate, whipped cream, raspberry and creamy mascarpone cheese! Using a cake mix makes it fast and simple!
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 18 lady fingers
- 1/4 cup brewed vanilla coffee (or substitute regular coffee with 1/2 tsp vanilla)
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Kahlua
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 4 Tablespoons piping gel
- 3 cups whipping cream
- sprinkled chocolate sugar or cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cupcake tin with large cupcake liners.
- Make Cupcakes: Mix cake mix, as per directions and add 1 Tblsp instant coffee granules to mixture.
- Mix coffee and Kahlua together. Dip each lady finger in the coffee mixture and turn to coat . Break each lady finger into 4 pieces and put in bottom of each cupcake liner. Bake as per cake mix instructions.
- Make Filling /Topping: In a medium mixing bowl, beat mascarpone cheese, raspberry jam, condensed milk and Kahlua together.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream to soft peaks, then add white granulated sugar and piping gel. Beat to stiff peaks.
- Fold whipping cream mixture into mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Fit a pastry bag with a #7 or #10 tip and fill bag with raspberry mascarpone whipped cream mixture. Insert tip into bottom of cupcake (make a hole with a sharp knife if necessary) and fill for about 2 seconds or until you feel the weight shift slightly in the palm of your hand and the cupcake filling out.
- Set filled cupcake on a plate. Using a 1M tip, on the top of the cupcake, pipe in a circular motion (from the outside to the inside). Sprinkle chocolate sugar (or cocoa) on top of cupcake. Serve and enjoy