Egg and Sausage Brunch Spring Rolls
Everyone in my family loves spring rolls. These crunchy, savory and sweet spring rolls will soon become a family tradition.
- The spring rolls:
- 4 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 3/4 cup carrot match sticks
- 3 green onion stalks, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 ounces rice noodles, softened with warm water
- 12 maple pork sausage links, thawed & sliced in half
- 5 eggs scrambled soft - seasoned with salt & pepper to taste
- 24 spring roll wrappers
- egg wash
- Oil for deep frying
- The dipping sauce:
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Bonne Maman Fig Preserves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cabbage, carrots, green onion, pepper flakes, garlic, ginger and rice noodles in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Build your spring roll: Lay the egg roll wrapper out like a diamond on dry surface. Place a handful of the cabbage mixture in the middle of the egg roll, top with egg and sausage; fold and roll. Add a little egg wash at the top and seal.
- Place spring rolls in the deep fryer. Remove once they're golden brown all over and are floating to the top. Repeat in batches.
- In a small bowl, combine dipping sauce ingredients. Serve spring rolls with dipping sauce.