Latin Style Citrus-Honey-Chipotle Shrimp Spring Rolls
These Latin Style Spicy Shrimp Spring Rolls are packed with flavor. Get ready to taste a citrus-honey & chipotle vinaigrette drizzled perfectly over a tightly made spring roll stuffed with well seasoned shrimp, creamy hard-boiled quail eggs and pickled fresh broccoli coleslaw. This is an easy to make appetizer or a light dinner for any day of the week.
- For the Spring Rolls
- 1 package fresh washed Mann's broccoli coleslaw (divided in half)
- 1 cup hot boiling water
- 1 tbsp. White vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 tsp. dry Mexican oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 hard-boiled quail eggs (peeled and sliced in half)
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder (sliced)
- 8 Rice Spring roll wrappers
- For the Citrus Honey Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup Chipotle in adobo (chopped)
- 2 limes (juice)
- 2 tbsp. Raw Honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 chopped scallions (garnish)
- Combine in a pot - hot boiling water, vinegar, sugar, cloves, oregano, salt and mix well. Add 1/2 of the fresh washed Mann's broccoli coleslaw and let them infuse for 5 minutes. Drain the water, toss with the rest of the fresh washed Mann's broccoli coleslaw, shrimp and hard-boiled quail eggs, season with salt. Set aside.
- Assemble the spring rolls by preparing the wrappers according to the package instructions. Discard the whole cloves and fill the spring rolls by adding 3-4 tsp. of Mann's broccoli coleslaw-shrimp & egg salad. Make tight rolls "burrito" style. Continue with the rest of the wrappers.
- Combine chipotle, lime, honey, salt, and olive oil and whisk well.
- Slice spring rolls in half, drizzle vinaigrette on top of the rolls, garnish with fresh chopped scallions and serve with more vinaigrette.