Old Style Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball
Cheese balls are making a comeback! This cranberry pecan cheese ball is a festive treat for holiday entertaining, using cranberry conserve, toasted pecans and Old Style Maille Mustard!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup cranberry conserve or jam
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Maille Old Style Mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons green scallion tops, finely chopped
- ¾ cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Bagel chips , crackers or sliced fruit
- Combine the cream cheese and cheddar and mix with a large spoon.
- In a small bowl mix the cranberry, Worcestershire and mustard together. Add to the cheese mixture and blend. Mix in the garlic and scallions.
- Blending the mixture can be done in a food processor. But mixing by hand lets you see the components and adds a nice texture to the cheese.
- To form ball, scoop cheese mixture up in your hands and roll as if making a snowball!
- Place nuts in a bowl and push cheese ball into nuts as you roll it.
- Cover in plastic and place in a bowl to keep its shape.
- Chill 2 hours or overnite.
- Serve with bagel crisps, sliced apples and pears and crackers.
You could also divide into two balls for smaller gatherings.
A wonderful holiday gift from your kitchen!