Spring Greens Sweet & Savory
This salad has a nice balance of spring greens and arugula tossed with a red wine vinegar and olive oil dressing spruced up with basil, garlic, chili sauce and a few other goodies. Topped with my personal favorites, feta, toasted pecans, dried cranberries and scallions you’ll have a satisfying salad to use as an entree.
- For the dressing,
- 6 ounces red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- For the salad,
- 12 cups spring greens mix
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 scallions, chopped
- For the toppings,
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 4 ounces feta, cubed about 1/2 inch
- Prepare the dressing. Whisk and thoroughly combine dressing ingredients.
- Toss the salad mix together, including the scallions with 1/2 of the salad dressing. Add more dressing according to your personal taste (I use almost all of it).
- Place the tossed salad in your serving bowl and top with the feta, dried cranberries and pecans. Serve with a nice baguette for a hearty and delicious entree!