A fun summer recipe sure to please everyone
- 2 teaspoons Cilantro, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Shallots, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon White balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tomatoes, red and firm
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Bunch fresh thyme
- 2 Cups Red balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons Oil, herb infused
- 1 Tri-wedge Fresh mozzarella, Gouda or brie
- 1 Basil leaf, (deep fried optional)
- Heat oven to 200. Place cilantro, shallots, and white balsamic in a bowl. Mix well and place in refrigerator.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes, and remove the seeds. Place them on a baking rack. Add a touch of olive oil to the top. Then spread the thyme evenly over all the tomatoes. Place in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes
- Tomato should be very soft, but still be able to hold its shape. While the tomatoes are cooking place the red balsamic in a pot and reduce down to a thick sauce. Once it is reduced place it in the refrigerator and cool.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Carefully remove the skin and dice the tomato into ¼” cubes. Place in a bowl and chill for an hour
- Drain the cilantro mix and add the tomatoes. Try to drain as much liquid as possible. Place a cylindrical mold on a plate and place the tomato tartar inside. Add the reduced balsamic and herb infused oil on the plate. Garnish with a cheese wedge and a basil leaf.