Warm Brussels Sprouts with Mustard Vinaigrette
A great side dish for a holiday dinner party. The mustard vinaigrette cuts the bitterness of the Brussels sprouts beautifully.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon of Maille traditional Dijon mustard
- Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds of fresh brussel sprouts, stems removed and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of sunflower seed oil (or any high heat oil)
- 3 ounces of shaved parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces of toasted chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and whisk together to combine.
- Heat sunflower seed oil in a large wok on high heat.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the wok. For 15 seconds do not move the sprouts. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes until Brussels sprouts are tender and edges are browned and crisp.
- Remove Brussels sprouts into a large platter.
- Add the vinaigrette to the Brussels sprouts and stir to combine.
- Top the Brussels sprouts with Parmesan cheese and walnuts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.