Angel’s Share Speakeasy Cocktail
This cocktail was inspired by the speakeasy Angel’s Share in NYC. They have a classic drink that involves smoking cinnamon, so we decided to make our own variation to pay homage!
- For the Angel's Share cocktail,
- 1/2 ounce rye
- 1 ounce Benedictine
- 1/2 ounce madeira
- For the smoked cloves & cinnamon,
- 1 Tablespoon cloves
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- Place cloves and cinnamon in small pile on oven-safe plate.
- Torch cloves & cinnamon with lighter or small hand-held torch.
- Immediately place serving glass (should be a goblet type glass) over cinnamon and cloves to capture smoke.
- Combine rye, benedictine and madeira in beaker with ice.
- Stir mixture in beaker until condensation forms on the outside.
- Strain cocktail into cocktail glass and drink immediately in order to smell smoke.