French Country Casserole
This French Country Casserole is a spectacular side dish that highlights the flavors of Provence. The mustard and goat cheese give the potatoes a punch of flavor fit for any holiday table.
- 6 medium red-skinned potatoes, washed and cubed.
- 1 can (16oz) French Cut Green beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Maille Dijon Originale mustard
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix together potatoes, green beans and Herbs de Provence.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, stirring constantly, cook for one minute. Whisk in flour to form a roux. When flour begins to brown slightly, stir in mustard. Whisk in milk and chicken broth until smooth.
- Bring to a boil. Cook 3 min or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in goat cheese, just until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour hot sauce evenly over potatoes.
- Cover and bake 30-45 min or until potatoes are soft. Serve immediately.