Mini Cinnamon Apple Turnovers
A little sweet. A little tart and no fat. Yummy!
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 16 wonton wrappers
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan combine apples, granulated sugar and water. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until apples are tender, but not soft.
- Remove from heat. Let set 5 minutes and drain off excess liquid.
- Place wonton wrappers on a work surface. Spoon about 2 teaspoons of apple mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Lightly brush edges of the wrappers with water.
- Fold the wrappers in half over the filling forming a triangle and press the edges to seal.
- Lightly spray each wrapper with non-stick cooking spray and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- Arrange on serving plate and dust lightly with powered sugar.
You can substitute Splenda for the granulated sugar.