Party Prosciutto Potato Bites
Posted in: Appetizers, Holidays, Snacks Tagged: horseradish, Maille Mustard, HolidayRecipeContest, Mustard, Prosciutto, puff pastry, Holiday, Appetizer, snacks
These prosciutto potato bites are an easy appetizer that can be served warm or at room temperature for any holiday party!
- For the potatoes
- 6 baby red potatoes, scrubbed
- For the prosciutto
- 1 ounce sliced prosciutto
- For the puff pastry
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Maille horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1/3 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 2 Tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400.
- For the potatoes: Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Transfer potatoes to colander rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Cut into thin crosswise slices.
- For the prosciutto: Fry prosciutto over medium-high heat in a nonstick skillet until lightly browned and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Finely crumble prosciutto into a small bowl, set aside.
- For puff pastry and to assemble: Unfold puff pastry sheet and on a lightly floured work surface, roll to a 10x9 inch rectangle. Cut into 20 squares(about 2 inches each). Place squares on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Score each square about 1/8 inch from edge. Prick dough with a fork.
- In a small bowl mix together mustard and sour cream.
- Place 2 potato slices onto each puff pastry square and brush tops with mustard mixture. Sprinkle top with both cheeses, prosciutto and chives.
- Bake until golden about 15 minutes.