Spicy Turkey Mini Wraps
These mini-wraps, combining herbs, spices, vegetables and lean protein, make a healthy pick-me up for in-between meals, or after school noshing. Since they can be prepared in advance, they are an easy, crowd-pleasing party appetizer.
- 7 ounces garlic & herb (fat-free or reduced fat) cheese spread
- 1/3 cup finely chopped scallions or chives , + for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce or 1/2 teaspoon Cajun spice blend, adjust to desired heat
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to desired heat)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 12 slices roasted turkey
- 12 slices red lettuce, ribs removed
- 2 medium red peppers, julienned sliced
- In a medium bowl, mix cheese spread, scallions, sriracha or Cajun spice blend, red pepper flakes, and salt, until well combined.
- Spread about 2 teaspoons of mixture on one side of each turkey slice.
- Top with 1 piece of red lettuce, then with 3 pieces of red pepper julienned wedges.
- Roll each turkey slice, jelly-roll style, and secure with toothpick.
- Arrange on serving plate. Garnish with a sprinkling of red peppers and scallions. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.