Black Bean and Broccoli Slaw Quesadillas
My kids love quesadillas and I do them different ways all the time. This is a great recipe for a meatless meal. This recipe can be eaten hot out of the oven or cold in a lunch from home.
- Black Bean and Broccoli Slaw Quesidillas
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mann's Broccoli Slaw
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (from a can or cooked at home)
- 1/2 T chili powder
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 8" flour tortillas
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- canola oil
- shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 T evoo, add red onion, broccoli slaw and salt. Cook until soft about 3 minutes. Add black beans, chili powder, cumin and water. Cook until all water has been evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brush 6 tortillas with canola oil and place them oil side down on cookie sheets. Divide cheese evenly among tortillas.
- Next, divide bean mixture evenly and top with remaining tortillas. Brush tops of tortillas with canola oil, place the sheets in oven.
- Bake the quesadillas for 12 minutes, flipping them once half way through cooking and switching wracks.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with optional ingredients.