Golden Holiday Mousse
Combined with citrus as a sauce, this golden holiday mousse works wonderfully with a spicy fruity contrast to the smooth creamy mousse. It’s easy and elegant for holiday entertaining.
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Maille Honey Dijon Mustard, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- pineapple sage sprigs, for decoration
- Beat the mascarpone, honey and 1 Tablespoon of the mustard till well blended.
- Whip the cream till stiff peaks form; gently fold into the cheese mixture and refrigerate while preparing the sauce.
- In a small saucepan combine the pineapple, marmalade, lemon juice and remaining 1 Tablespoon mustard; heat, stirring til well combined.
- Divide the mousse among serving dishes and spoon the sauce over top, garnish, decorate and serve. (Sauce may be served warm, at room temperature or cold, as desired.)