Guacamole Deviled Eggs
These guacamole deviled eggs are the perfect appetizer for any party. The avocado adds creaminess and reduces the fat found in most mayo-based deviled egg recipes. The addition of Maille Dijon mustard gives these eggs a familiar kick. Enjoy!
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped chives
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoon of water
- 2 teaspoon of Maille traditional Dijon mustard
- 2 strips of crisp bacon, chopped into big bits
- 1 ripe avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- sweet paprika for garnish
- To hard boil the eggs, place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for another 2 minutes.
- On the counter, crack the shells of the egg and carefully peel under running water.
- Halve eggs lengthwise.
- Pop the yellow yolks into a bowl and add in chives, avocado, lime juice, olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper and water.
- Mash thoroughly until no big chunks exists.
- Carefully refill each egg half with the avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika and add a bacon chip bit to the top for garnish. Serve Immediately.